The 2016 Mayo Clinic Think Big Challenge, hosted by the Mayo Clinic Center for Innovation and Mayo Clinic Ventures, has a new twist. This year one business or entrepreneur will earn the opportunity to license Mayo Clinic technology, lead a team and score a $50,000 cash prize. That’s right. We are asking you, the entrepreneur, to create and pitch a strategy to take a Mayo Clinic technology to market. Mayo Clinic Ventures will offer several different technologies, and applicants will select one to make their case to become the champion of the Mayo Clinic Think Big Challenge.
Five finalists have been selected to compete in the final round of the Mayo Clinic Think Big Challenge, which will occur at 3 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 15 at Transform 2016. View Schedule
The finalists are:
- Dale Fasching, Pharm.D., Pharmacist
- David Heenan, Co-Founder, Aces Health
- Brandon Johnson, Entrepreneur
- Shantanu Nigam, Clinical Predictive Leader, Jvion
- Lisa Tweardy, Principal, Kemo Sabe
Johnson, Nigam and Tweardy will present market strategies for Mayo Clinic’s Bedside Patient Rescue, and Fasching and Heenan will present market strategies for Mayo Clinic’s Business Enhancement Analytical Tool (BEAT).
The final round of competition will be judged by a distinguished panel of venture capitalists, successful entrepreneurs, technical experts, and members of Mayo Clinic Center for Innovation and Mayo Clinic Ventures.
The judges include:
- Robert Faulkner, Redmile Group
- Timmeko Love, Mayo Clinic Ventures
- Mustaqeem Siddiqui, M.D., Mayo Clinic Global Business Solutions
- Gary W. Smith, Rochester Area Economic Development, Inc.
- Nick Solaro, Drive Capital
Co-Moderator for the final round of the Mayo Clinic Think Big Challenge will be Drew Solomon.