Since joining Mayo Clinic in 1984, Matt has worked in a wide range of positions related to fundraising, communications and administration. In 2004, he became the founding director of Heritage Hall, the museum of Mayo Clinic, which honors the values and vision of Mayo Clinic through linking the institution’s past and present with its goals for the future. Under his leadership, Heritage Hall became a member of the American Alliance of Museums and the International Council of Museums, and is recognized for excellence in design and content. Matt is an ambassador to benefactors, friends and leaders of Mayo Clinic and serves as moderator for institutional panel discussions.
Professional highlights include:
- Executive producer of award-winning Mayo Clinic Heritage Films
- Author and editor of www.history.mayoclinic.org, numerous books, articles and presentations on Mayo’s history
- Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholar in Jerusalem, Israel
- Master’s degree in journalism from the University of Missouri
- A.B. degree in history, Phi Beta Kappa, from Ripon College